About the FreshRN Podcast
Your first year as a registered nurse is challenging. This podcast is hosted by Kati Kleber, BSN RN CCRN and Elizabeth Mills, BSN RN CCRN and features experienced nurses from FreshRN.com, who discuss the basics of that first year. From nursing orientation, code blues, tricks of the trade, and personal experiences, to time management, delegation, patient deaths, and more. Please note, while patient experiences are discussed, their identifying details have been changed to protect their privacy and uphold HIPAA.
Season 2, Episode 5: Pain Management Tips
This episode covers the important difference between pain management and pain elimination, patient education, appropriate assessment, a proactive approach to pain management versus reactive, and some essential definitions.
Listen to this episode below!
Show notes and more resources
- Show notes for this episode are here!
- Or you can download a PDF here
- Anatomy of a Super Nurse: The Ultimate Guide to Becoming Nursey
- Nurses on the Front Lines: How Do You Handle Patients Addicted to Prescription Pain Killers?
- Season 2, Episode 5: Pain Management Tips Podcast
- Pain and Nonpharmacological Comfort Measures from NRSNG
- Pain Control After Surgery (Ethical/Legal/Basic Care and Comfort) from NRSNG