About the FreshRN Podcast
Your first year as a registered nurse is challenging. This podcast is hosted by Kati Kleber, BSN RN CCRN, and Elizabeth Mills, BSN RN CCRN and features experienced nurses from FreshRN.com, who discuss the basics of that first year. From nursing orientation, code blues, tricks of the trade, and personal experiences, to time management, delegation, patient deaths, and more. Please note, while patient experiences are discussed, their identifying details have been changed to protect their privacy and uphold HIPAA.
Season 2, Episode 8: Dealing with a Negative Unit Culture, Nurse Bullies, and Confrontation
Working on nursing units can be amazingly rewarding with great teamwork, but can also be really challenging if you don’t fit right in or if you encounter a Negative Unit Culture, Nurse Bullies or more. This episode discusses how to deal with a negative unit culture, the importance of emotional intelligence, self-inventory, how to respond to nurse bullies, and confrontation. We talk empathy, sympathy, and more.
Listen to this episode below!
More resources on dealing with negative people:
- Show notes for this episode are here!
- Or you can download a PDF here
- What’s Next: The Smart Nurse’s Guide to Your Dream Job, chapter 8
- 10 Responses When Your Preceptor is a Bully – NurseCode.com
- How to Deal with Rude Co-Workers as a Nurse – eHealthCareers
- How to deal with negative nurses – a really good thread on allnurses.com