About the FreshRN Podcast
Your first year as a registered nurse is challenging. This podcast is hosted by Kati Kleber, BSN RN CCRN and Elizabeth Mills, BSN RN CCRN and features experienced nurses from FreshRN.com, who discuss the basics of that first year. From nursing orientation, code blues, tricks of the trade, and personal experiences, to time management, delegation, patient deaths, and more. Please note, while patient experiences are discussed, their identifying details have been changed to protect their privacy and uphold HIPAA.
Season 2, Episode 6: Nurses Make Mistakes
Contrary to popular belief, nurses as not perfect. Nurses make mistakes. In this episode, we discuss the mistakes we’ll never forget, as well as a few others. We also discuss some tips on how to deal with mistakes as a new nurse.
Listen to this episode below!
More resources on nurses making mistakes
- Show notes for this episode are here!
- Or you can download a PDF here
- Anatomy of a Super Nurse: The Ultimate Guide to Becoming Nursey – all of chapter 11
- Becoming Nursey: From Code Blues to Code Browns, How to Care for Patients and Yourself – all of chapter 9
- Second Victims – The Nurse that Makes a Mistake
Nurse Appreciation Gift Mistake Your Internet Search for Degree Gift Coffee Mug Tea Cup BlackMedicine, Mistakes and the Reptilian Brain: The NewMind Response(TM) to better decisionsMens Autocorrect Has Become My Worst Enema T-Shirt Large BlackAnatomy of a Super Nurse: The Ultimate Guide to Becoming Nursey