About the FreshRN Podcast
Your first year as a registered nurse is challenging. This podcast is hosted by Kati Kleber, BSN RN CCRN and Elizabeth Mills, BSN RN CCRN and features experienced nurses from FreshRN.com, who discuss the basics of that first year. From nursing orientation, code blues, tricks of the trade, and personal experiences, to time management, delegation, patient deaths, and more. Please note, while patient experiences are discussed, their identifying details have been changed to protect their privacy and uphold HIPAA.
What to Expect During Your New Graduate Nursing Orientation – Episode 1
This episode discusses:
- The structure of a typical nursing orientation
- What to expect
- Tips for working with a preceptor
- What to do when you and your preceptor don’t get along
- How to acclimate yourself to the culture of a nursing unit
Listen to this episode below!
Show notes and more resources
- Show notes for this episode are here!
- Or you can download a PDF here
- Anatomy of a Super Nurse: The Ultimate Guide to Becoming Nursey
- Nursing.com – blog and podcast
- Straight A Nursing Student – blog and podcast
- NurseCode.com – blog