“There’s a nursing shortage.”
We naturally assume that because of this, landing our dream job will be a piece of cake. Unfortunately, it isn’t as easy as it sounds. Good hospitals are often very competitive and to secure those positions, you have to be a top-candidate. But… what does a top candidate look like? Are they experts at things like meds, procedures, education, and more?
Unfortunately, many new grads or nurses in a new role often feel really ill prepared for those responsibilities, so it can feel next to impossible to articulate the value you bring to the table.
Here at FreshRN, we get it because we’ve been there. We’ve sat in the interview chair, nervous and feeling like we’re not at all qualified… just praying we’ll get the offer. To help make this entire process run much smoother for you, we’ve created a hub of resources that range from blog posts, to resume templates, to mini courses, and finally our comprehensive one-stop all-access resource: Hired.
Featured Nurse Jobs & Interviews Articles
At FreshRN, we know that many resources you’ll find online are not practical, are written for the perfect-world situation, or contain so much detail that it’s impossible to know what will move the needle. But we’ve been where you are now, and we know that landing a nursing job that is right for you requires preparation and skills you may not have learned in nursing school. You’re new. You’ve never done this before. How can you know what the gaps are? That’s where we come in. We’ll tell you what you need to know so that when you’re ready to apply for the job or ace that nursing interview, you’ll be ready.
Nursing Jobs & Interviews Freebies
Get Confident in Your Resume and Interview
Nurse Jobs & Interviews and Resources
Types of Nursing Jobs and Where to Find Them: A
Curious about how the types of jobs available for nurses and where to find them? Let’s explore top jobs and…
10 Steps to Getting Hired as a New Grad Nurse
Embarking on a new journey as a freshly minted nursing graduate can be both exciting and nerve-wracking. In this blog…
5 Best Jobs for Older Nurses in 2023
Let’s look at some of the best jobs for older nurses that are out there if you want to work…
What to Wear to a Nursing Interview (2023 Guide)
If you’ve got a interview coming up and are stressed about what to wear to a nursing job interview, I…
Top Tips for a New Grad Emergency Department Nurse
NOTE: If you would like to repurpose this copyright-protected material, please contact us before doing so. We thank you for…
“What Are Your Weaknesses?” How to Answer This Common Nursing
What You’ll Learn In this mini episode, I discuss how to answer the common “what are your weaknesses?” interview question with…
Best Jobs for Nurses with Anxiety
If you are a nurse and have anxiety, you may want to consider job options that are not high-acuity. Let’s…
Nurse Interview Questions: Tips to Craft Optimal Answers
A job interview can be one of the most intimidating hurdles involved with securing a new position as a nursing…
A Day in the Life of a Nephrology Nurse
Nephrology Nursing consists of dynamic, diverse, and holistic care that is both challenging and rewarding….
Sub Acute Rehab Vs Skilled Nursing Facility
Are you a nurse thinking about working in sub acute rehab or skilled nursing? Let’s discuss the differences!…
All Free Nurse Jobs and Interviews Content
- Types of Nursing Jobs and Where to Find Them: A Comprehensive Guide for New Graduate Nurses
- 5 Best Jobs for Older Nurses in 2023
- Best Jobs for Nurses with Anxiety
- Best 15 States to Work in as a Nurse: Top Opportunities for a Rewarding Career
- Best Nurse Residency Programs in the USA
- How to Land a Job as a New Nurse
- International Travel Nursing To USA: A Guide For Foreign Nurses
- When You Don’t Land Your Dream Nursing Job
- Best Nursing Jobs for New Grad Nurses
- 10 Steps to Getting Hired as a New Grad Nurse
- What to Wear to a Nursing Interview (2023 Guide)
- “What Are Your Weaknesses?” How to Answer This Common Nursing Interview Question
- Nurse Interview Questions: Tips to Craft Optimal Answers
- Nursing Interview Questions: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Sample Questions for Nursing Job Interviews
- Top Tips for a New Grad Emergency Department Nurse
- A Day in the Life of a Nephrology Nurse
- Sub Acute Rehab Vs Skilled Nursing Facility
- A Look Behind Bars: An Introduction to Correctional Nursing
- Top Tips for New Grad Nurses in the Operating Room (OR)
- What Do Infection Prevention Nurses Do?
- What Do Nurse Anesthetists Do? (CRNA)
- What Do Labor and Delivery Nurses Do?
- What Do Nursing Home Nurses Do?
- What Do NICU Nurses Do?
- What Do Emergency Nurses Do?
- What Do Perioperative Nurses Do? An Interview with an OR Nurse
- The Future of Nursing: A Deep Dive into Nursing Informatics
- What to Wear to a Nursing Job Interview
- Non-Hospital Nursing Jobs
- Resume Tips for Nurses | FREE TEMPLATE DOWNLOAD
- Choosing a Nursing Specialty
- Top 5 Jobs for Nurses With Anxiety
- Best Jobs For Older Nurses
- How to Land a Job as a New Nurse
- How to Get a Job at a Hospital
- Tips for New Grad Nurses on Resumes, Applications, and Interviews