Top Nursing Podcast
The FRESHRN® Podcast
Your first year as a registered nurse is challenging and with this podcast, your host, Kati Kleber, hopes to dispel myths, offer encouraging words, and fill in some of the blanks left from nursing school to enable you to excel in your first job as a registered nurse. Kati features many guests throughout the episodes, and they dive into topics like what new grad hospital orientation is really like, code blues, time management, delegation, patient deaths, and more.
Please note, while patient experiences are discussed, their identifying details have been changed to protect their privacy and uphold HIPAA.
The FRESHRN® Podcast with Kati Kleber
In this episode of the FreshRN Podcast, Kati interviews Morgan Melancon MSN, RN, CCRN-K and Annabeth Davis, MSN, RN, NPD-BC, both from St. Jude...
In this episode, Kati Interviews Morgan Melancon MSN, RN, CCRN-K and Annabeth Davis, MSN, RN, NPD-BC about their unique nurse residency program...
Sarah Lorenzini, MSN, RN, CCRN, CEN - Rapid Response Nurse and host of the Rapid Response RN Podcast What You'll Learn In this episode, I interview...
If you’re an ICU nurse who regularly cares for intubated and sedated patients, you’re going to want to read this post! Spoiler alert: mind-blowing delirium info ahead.
What You'll Learn In this mini episode, I discuss how to answer the common "what are your weaknesses?" interview question with confidence and...
What You'll Learn On Dec 5, 2022, two LPNs in South Carolina were arrested after dressing changes were not performed on two vulnerable adults from...
What You'll Learn When a patient gets admitted to the hospital, we ask routine questions to assess risk for self-harm. But... what should you say...
If you’re getting ready to graduate nursing school this year and curious about about how to manage your time as you prepare for the NCLEX, this post...
Alert! Alert! A massive update to the NCLEX is COMING PEOPLE! It is called NCLEX Next Generation, often referred to as NCLEX Next Gen. This will go...
Trying to decide on a career in nursing? Let’s talk about the differences between ER and floor nurses so you can pick the best for you.
All Podcast Episodes
- Behind the Scenes of Oncology Nursing: Insights from Two Nursing Leaders at St. Jude’s
- Nurse Residency Programs – An Interview With Nursing Leaders From St. Jude’s (Part 1)
- Celebrating 10 Years – Featuring Guest Host Brittney Wilson, BSN RN
- What’s the Big Deal With Delirium? An Interview with Sarah from the Rapid Response RN Podcast
- From Chaos to Clarity: Tackling Delirium in the Hospital Setting as a Nurse
- [Partial Dose] “What Are Your Weaknesses?” How to Answer This Common Nursing Interview Question
- Nurses Arrested After Missing Dressing Changes
- [Partial Dose] What to Say When a Patient Wants to Harm Themselves
- The Ideal NCLEX Study Timeline
- 4 Nurses on TikTok Fired: My Thoughts
- NCLEX Next Generation and NCLEX FAQ’s
- Major Differences Between ER Nurses and Floor Nurses
- 4 Reasons Why Nurses are Mean to Nursing Students
- Maureen Osuna, MSN RN – An Interview with Nurse Mo, MSN RN
- How to Study for Nursing School
- The Power of a Quick Win
- How to Pass Nursing School Exams
- Military Nursing – An Interview with a 20-Year Veteran, Julie Florentin, DNP Student
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and Researcher – An Interview with Tamar Rodney, PhD, MSN, RN PMHNP-BC, CNE
- What’s a Death Doula? An Interview with Melanie Sheckles
- Traits to Develop as a New Grad Nurse – An Interview with Nurse Mo, MSN RN
- Why I Hate “Fake it Til You Make it”
- RaDonda Vaught Sentencing Play-By-Play
- How to Take Charge of Your Nursing Career – An Interview with Irnise F. Williams, JD RN
- Are Digital Stethoscopes Worth The Money?
- Should I Work in the ICU as a New Grad?
- My Thoughts on Nurses Week and Reaction to Amber Heard’s Private Nurse’s Testimony
- What’s an Awake and Walking ICU? An Interview with Kali Dayton, DNP AGACNP
- Common Questions about Malpractice Insurance for Nurses
- RaDonda Vaught Trial – Part 2, Interview with Lorie Brown, RN MN JD
- Deep Dive: RaDonda Vaught Trial, Charges, and Timeline
- Surviving Your First Code Blue – Interview with Will Kelly, MSN FNP-C
- How to Study for the CCRN [Critical Care Certification Exam]
- Deconstructing the NYT Article and My Thoughts on the “Nursing Shortage” Bonus Episode
- When You Want More, But Your Brain Stops You
- Exploring Publication Bias
- Communication Tips – Your Loved Ones
- Communication Tips – Difficult Conversations
- Communication Tips – Patients and Their Support Systems
- Communication Tips – Other Members of the Healthcare Team
- Communication Tips – Your Nursing Team
- Patient Pathways – Whipple
- Patient Pathways – OMFS
- Patient Pathways – Trauma Patient
- How I Got Started in Nursing
- Is Nursing Sustainable?
- I Finally Know What I Am Doing – Now What?
- How to Prepare for Your First Shift
- When You Don’t Land Your Dream Job
- What Does a High Performing New Grad Look Like?
- The Unspoken Nursing Hierarchy and Why It’s Garbage
- Nursing Interview Questions: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- Proactively Preventing Nurse Burnout
- Unwritten Rules of Nursing
- Tips for New Charge Nurses
- Tips for New Nurse Preceptors
- Back to Nursing Basics
- When Nurses Should Call the Rapid Response Team
- Nurses and the Coronavirus: Current PPE Recommendations Dissected
- Nurses and the Coronavirus: Coping With Fear
- Nurses and the Coronavirus: Background, Boundaries, and Fear
- How to Deal With Family Members (who are not mad at you)
- What Nursing Teamwork Practically Looks Like at the Bedside
- Nursing Considerations with Brain Death and Organ Procurement
- Nursing Considerations for Organ Procurement
- Tips for Floating to Another Unit
- All Things Urinary Catheters
- Talking to Unconscious Patients
- How to Trust Your Nursing Judgment
- Intensive Care Devices: Part 2
- Intensive Care Devices: Part 1
- How to Navigate Nursing Conferences
- What Nurses Need to Know About Palliative Care
- Understanding Nursing Leadership
- All Things Respiratory
- What Nurses Need to Know About Sepsis
- Nursing Certifications- The What, Why, How, and When
- Tips for Cardiac Nurses
- Patients We Will Never Forget
- Tips for Working Night Shift
- Code STEMI, Code Stroke, Code Sepsis
- Dealing with a Negative Unit Culture, Nurse Bullies, and Confrontation
- Tips for New Grad Nurses on Resumes, Applications, and Interviews
- Nurses Make Mistakes
- Pain Management Tips
- Tips for New Grads in the ICU
- Neuro Nurse Tips for Newbies Part 3: Meds, Diagnostics, Monitoring, and Surgeries
- Neuro ICU Nurse Tips for Newbies, Part 2: Disease Processes
- Neuro Nurse Tips for Newbies, Part 1: When to Worry, Disease Processes
- Nursing Report for Newbies
- Time Management Tips for New Nurses
- Dealing With Patient Deaths
- Diagnostics for New Nurses
- Dealing with Difficult Patients and Families
- If it Wasn’t Documented, It Wasn’t Done
- Delegation for New Nurses
- Working With Physicians
- Nursing Work-Life Balance
- What to do During a Code
- Central Venous Catheters 101
- What to Expect During Your New Graduate Nursing Orientation