Let’s save all that tasky stuff like learning how to enter order sets, how to call the house officer to expedite a transfer to free up a bed, or how to work the IV pump, for the only time you can learn that information – at the bedside.
Let myself and another certified critical care nurse with a passion for educating and encouraging newbies, teach you everything you can learn at home, so you can look and feel like a prepared and knowledgeable orientee on the floor.
With Breakthrough ICU, here’s what you’ll learn…
- The patho and treatment courses for the top ICU patient diagnoses [Disease Processes section]
- How to manage your time when your patients are doing just fine – and when they’re not [Time Management module]
- How to assertively question inappropriate orders in a respectful manner [Developing Assertiveness module]
- How to ground yourself emotionally so you don’t get lost in your patient’s pain and suffering, and still perform the tasks at hand while connecting with your patient [Foundational Principles & Emotional Support modules]
- How to give an outstanding ICU nurse-to-nurse report [Nursing Report section]
- The main priorities of all ICU patients, and how to monitor and manage them like a pro [Patient Priorities section]
- How to talk to patients who are unkind, manipulative, or when the patient is a nurse or physician themselves [How to Talk to Patients module]
- How to harness your innate stress response so you can remain calm and focused in the midst of chaos [Foundational Principles module]
- Not only the many diagnostics you’ll facilitate for your patient, but the logistics of the diagnostics as well [Diagnostics section]
- What to do in a code blue when it’s your patient vs. someone else’s [What to Do in a Code Blue module]
- The must-know info to safely use central lines [Central Venous Catheters module]
- How to walk with patients through emotional instability and provide authentic empathy [Emotional Support & Decision-Making module]
- How to set up an arterial line, ensure its accuracy, and discontinue it [Arterial Lines module]
- The basics of cardiac monitoring, differentiating it from 12-lead ECGs, and practical tips [Telemetry & ECGs module]
- And so much more…
Enroll now and get access to…
- A new set of modules every week for six week
- Lifetime access once complete
- Over 13 hours of video and audio
- Over 25 downloads – including checklists, worksheets, charts, and more
- 3D videos of the human body – illustrating the top disease processes impacting ICU patients
- 12.0 continuing education credits!
- Insider tips and tricks from two nationally-certified experienced critical care nurses
- A framework to deal with perceived failures, mistakes, and missteps
- A structure to track progress and keep morale high
- Talking points for tough moments – with patients, providers, colleagues, and others
- An insider’s look into etiquette, what’s cool and what’s not cool, unwritten rules, and nurse hacks
As always, this course comes with my 30-day no-risk money-back guarantee. If you get into the content and realize it’s not for you, we will absolutely refund your money (provided you have not claimed the CE’s and are within our 30-day window).
The New Nurse Master Class
The FreshRN® New Nurse Master Class is the first-ever self-guided nurse residency program for any nurse transitioning into the acute care world. With over 70 modules, this comprehensive course will support your transition to practice with a holistic approach that focuses on not only clinical preparedness, but also confidence building, self-care, advocacy, and more.
Throughout over 9 hours of video content, discover the insider information new nurses are desperate to learn in interviews with experienced nurses, a nurse administrator, provider, mental health professional, physical therapist, and more.
Each module has both text and audio options to accommodate different styles of learning.
Complete this comprehensive program at your own pace, or through one of the three completion tracks (1-month, 4-month, 12-month) and refer back throughout your career as you enjoy lifetime access with your purchase. Upon completion, you will earn 20 continuing education credits.
Limit the perpetual state of information-overload with this concise yet impactful course designed specifically with the newly licensed nurse in mind. Focus on the information that you need to know to become a safe and competent nurse as fast as possible.
Cost – $297
Includes 20.0 hours of Continuing Education Credit.
Cardiac Nurse Crash Course
Receive a patient from the cath lab with ease, confidently address the patient who flipped into atrial fibrillation with rapid ventricular response, and care for chest tubes like a pro. This course is for newbies to cardiac to help you build a focused foundational cardiac knowledge – concise information you need to be successful at the bedside, and not feel like you’re drowning.
This content is applicable to adult patients in the emergency department, cardiac intensive care, stepdown, and cardiac nursing floor.
- Over 70 modules with text, videos, images, and downloads
- Written by two nurse educators [one is a CV-surgery NP] and emergency department nurse – and all are nationally certified!
- Topics like chest tube and arterial line care, cardiac nursing report for the ED/ICU/floor, CABG patient care, in-depth discussion on atrial fibrillation, diagnostics like stress tests and caths, and practical explanations of important concepts like CO, CI, SV, SVV, and much more.
- It is a self-guided online course – you get lifetime access once purchased!
- Download the free Teachable app to easily access this course on mobile
Cost – $97
Includes 8.0 hours of Continuing Education, including 3.0 pharmacology hours
Neuro Wise: A Crash Course for New Neuro Nurses is your resource for the care of acute care neuro patients. This course is designed for nurses starting careers in the neuro ICU but is a valuable resource for any nurse that wants to level up their neuro nursing skills.
If you’re looking to transition to the neuro specialty, this course is a great way to enthusiastically dive into your new career path. Be sure to add it to your resume so your future employer so you’ll have an edge over other candidates!
- Neuro Orientation
- Detecting Neurological Decline
- Neurological Anatomy
- Flawless Neuro Assessments
- Critical Lab Values (Hint: It’s All About the Salt)
- Common Neuro Disease Processes and Procedures
- Time Management
- Neuro Medications
- Neurological Medical Equipment
- Brain Death and Organ Donation
- Neuro Nurse Report Mastery
- And so much more!
10.0 continuing education credits! Plus 10 hours of supplemental content!
Cost – $109
Resumes & Interviews
Are you finishing nursing school and worried about how you’ll land that first job? Not sure what to put on the resume, what to wear to the interview, or what kinds of questions to expect? Join Amber Nibling, MSN RN-BC, and Kati Kleber, MSN RN CCRN-K who have interviewed hundreds of new graduate nurse applicants for their first nursing position.
- Resume Writing
- Structure of an interview
- Marketing Yourself
- How to Find Jobs
- Overview of Hiring Process
- Resume Do’s and Don’ts
- Setting Yourself Apart
- Organizational Considerations
- Video Interviews
- … and more
If you’re a nursing student, new nurse, or an experienced nurse looking to land a new job – this course is for you. Impress potential employers and yourself by learning what the hiring team expects from you so you can not only meet, but exceed, those expectations.
Cost – $37
ICU Online Skills Conference
Learn both hard and soft skills about ICU nursing care. From vasopressors to emotional support, this comprehensive ICU skills workshop covers topics applicable to every nurse working in critical care, as well as those sending patients to, or receiving patients from, intensive care. This conference is hosted by Dr. John Russell DNP APRN FNP-BC CCRN RNFA, Kati Kleber MSN RN CCRN-K, and John Kleber, BA MHPQ
- Fluid Resuscitation and Vasopressors
- Basic 12 Lead EKG Interpretation
- Chest and Abdominal X-Ray Interpretation
- Walking Through Emotional Instability With Others
- Patient and Family-Centered Communication in the ICU Setting
- PDF download of all slides
- 8 hours of video content
- Lifetime access
- 8.0 Contact Hours (including 1.5 pharmacology contact hours for advanced practice nurses
Cost – $79