Coping Through Covid
Tension is high. We’ve all got pandemic fatigue. Many of us have experienced trauma to varying degrees since the beginning of 2020.
To help proactively process these experiences, a nurse educator and licensed professional counselor sat down to discuss practical tips and strategies for nurses experiencing mental and emotional stress.
With Coping Through COVID here is some of what you will learn:
In this video series, first discuss how to identify the areas in your life that is actively causing harm. Next, we outline how you can identify and take control of aspects of your life, as well as explore areas beyond our control and how to let that go. Finally, we walk through how to support one another through this crisis.
Each module contains:
- A video interview with closed captioning
- A PDF Summary
- A worksheet with journal prompts and activities
- A transcript of the video
This course was sponsored by the Rock Counselor Group in Champaign, Illinois.
Cost – $0
This course is completely free!
Myself and a new nurse preceptor in a med-surg unit as we help you get through your last year of nursing school.
With Mission Accomplished, here is some of what you will learn:
- Lesson #1 – Finishing School
- Lesson #2 – Getting Your Nursing License
- Lesson #3 – Landing Your First Job
- Lesson #4 – Preparing for the NCLEX®
- Testing Your Knowledge
- Next Steps & Downloads
- Senior year checklist – Semester 1
- Senior year checklist – Semester 2
Cost – $0
This course is completely free!
ICU Drips for Beginners
If you’d like to step on the critical care unit and already know what people are talking about when they throw around terms like, “pressors,” “levo,” and “Y-site,” this resource is just for you. Join Kati Kleber as she talks about the crucial foundational aspects of successful ICU drip management.
- Important drip and physiology terms
- How a vasoconstrictor actually works
- What your orders and documentation need to have
- How to physically obtain, administer, and manage them safely and promptly
- An overview of the top drips used in most ICUs
- Tips, tricks, and advice
And here’s what you’ll get:
- A drip chart PDF download of the top ICU drips and their titrations
- A blank drip chart PDF download so you can customize it to your specific needs
- A 4-page course summary PDF download after completion
- Follow-up tips and encouragement
If you are a new nurse or nursing student who is nervous about managing drips as a nurse in the ICU then this course is for you.
That’s right, this course is completely free.
Resumes & Interviews
Are you finishing nursing school and worried about how you’ll land that first job? Not sure what to put on the resume, what to wear to the interview, or what kinds of questions to expect? Join Amber Nibling, MSN RN-BC, and Kati Kleber, MSN RN CCRN-K who have interviewed hundreds of new graduate nurse applicants for their first nursing position.
- Resume Writing
- Structure of an interview
- Marketing Yourself
- How to Find Jobs
- Overview of Hiring Process
- Resume Do’s and Don’ts
- Setting Yourself Apart
- Organizational Considerations
- Video Interviews
- … and more
If you’re a nursing student, new nurse, or an experienced nurse looking to land a new job – this course is for you. Impress potential employers and yourself by learning what the hiring team expects from you so you can not only meet, but exceed, those expectations.
Cost – $37
Myself and an Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner make it so that you can look like a pro on day 1 by asking the right questions at the right time.
With Ortho STRONG, here is some of what you will learn:
- What is actually done in the OR for a total knee and total hip replacement [THA & TKA modules]
- The pathophysiology behind the top postoperative complications, and how to prevent and detect them like a pro [Common Adverse Events module]
- The breakdown of what you need to know about spinal patients [Spinal Procedures module]
- How to confidently give discharge instructions – with an example! [Discharge Education module]
- Why your leaders and the providers care so much about discharge, and how you can take steps to move the needle towards discharge in a safe and meaningful way [Decreasing Length of Stay section]
- General tips and encouragement, examples of effective pages, and talking points for working with orthopedic surgeons and advanced practice providers [Working with Surgeons & APPs section]
- How talk to your patients about pain medications and management [Inpatient Medications module]
- How to walk that thin line between too much and not enough pain medication to ensure your patients can participate in therapy [Inpatient Medications module]
- Demystifying the incredibly complex anticoagulation game specifically for the bedside nurse [Inpatient Medications module]
- The difference between the most common orthopedic devices you’ll see [Orthopedic Devices module]
- When to worry about incisions and drains [Wound Care & Drain Management modules]
- Which subtle vital sign changes really matter, and how to effectively notify the provider [Vital Signs module]
When you enroll in this Ortho Course for nurses, you will get immediate access to:
- Over 30 modules
- 4 continuing education credits
- Pick your format – audio versions of all modules so you can choose to read or listen
- 9 videos illustrating the pathophysiology behind common complications and videos walking through what happens in the OR
- Insider information from an orthopedics nurse practitioner and nurse educator
- Sample provider notification pages for common issues and needs
- Lifetime access
- A pre and post test to check your knowledge (with rationales!)
- Sample discharge instructions
- Multiple downloads, including sample discharge instructions, various assessment checklists, and more!
As always, this course comes with my 30-day no-risk money-back guarantee. If you get into the content and realize it’s not for you, we will absolutely refund your money (provided you have not claimed the CE’s, have completed less than 50% of the course, and are within our refund time frame).
Cost – $77
Includes 4.0 hours of Continuing Education hours
Cardiac Nurse Crash Course
Receive a patient from the cath lab with ease, confidently address the patient who flipped into atrial fibrillation with rapid ventricular response, and care for chest tubes like a pro. This course is for newbies to cardiac to help you build a focused foundational cardiac knowledge – concise information you need to be successful at the bedside, and not feel like you’re drowning.
This content is applicable to adult patients in the emergency department, cardiac intensive care, stepdown, and cardiac nursing floor.
- Over 70 modules with text, videos, images, and downloads
- Written by two nurse educators [one is a CV-surgery NP] and an emergency department nurse – and all are nationally certified!
- Topics like chest tube and arterial line care, cardiac nursing report for the ED/ICU/floor, CABG patient care, in-depth discussion on atrial fibrillation, diagnostics like stress tests and caths, and practical explanations of important concepts like CO, CI, SV, SVV, and much more.
- It is a self-guided online course – you get lifetime access once purchased!
- Download the free Teachable app to easily access this course on mobile
Cost – $97
Includes 8.0 hours of Continuing Education, including 3.0 pharmacology hours
Neuro Wise: A Crash Course for New Neuro Nurses is your resource for the care of acute care neuro patients. This course is designed for nurses starting careers in the neuro ICU but is a valuable resource for any nurse that wants to level up their neuro nursing skills.
If you’re looking to transition to the neuro specialty, this course is a great way to enthusiastically dive into your new career path. Be sure to add it to your resume so your future employer so you’ll have an edge over other candidates!
- Neuro Orientation
- Detecting Neurological Decline
- Neurological Anatomy
- Flawless Neuro Assessments
- Critical Lab Values (Hint: It’s All About the Salt)
- Common Neuro Disease Processes and Procedures
- Time Management
- Neuro Medications
- Neurological Medical Equipment
- Brain Death and Organ Donation
- Neuro Nurse Report Mastery
- And so much more!
Cost – $109
10.0 continuing education credits! Plus 10 hours of supplemental content!
Whether you are fresh out of nursing school or an experienced nurse starting out in med-surg for the first time, the learning curve is steep. Back in 2010, when I was preparing for my first day on the floor was really important to me, but I didn’t know what to look up, read, or study.
I spent hours scouring the internet for help, but it was full of the same tips and general advice. It was either geared towards nursing school or highly technical and over my head.
This course is everything I wished I had when I was starting my first acute care nursing job – and more.
- Starting your shift off right
- Patient care
- Common Primary Disease Processes
- Common Accompanying Problems
- Common Procedures, Diagnostics, & Medications
As with all our courses, Med-Surg comes with lifetime access, a 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee, and Continuing Education Credits. If you get into the content and realize it’s not for you, we will absolutely refund your money (provided you have not claimed the CE’s and are within our 30-day window).
Includes 10.0 hours of Continuing Education Credit.
Let myself and another certified critical care nurse with a passion for educating and encouraging newbies, teach you everything you can learn at home, so you can look and feel like a prepared and knowledgeable orientee on the floor.
With Breakthrough ICU, here’s what you’ll learn…
- The patho and treatment courses for the top ICU patient diagnoses [Disease Processes section]
- How to manage your time when your patients are doing just fine – and when they’re not [Time Management module]
- How to assertively question inappropriate orders in a respectful manner [Developing Assertiveness module]
- How to ground yourself emotionally so you don’t get lost in your patient’s pain and suffering, and still perform the tasks at hand while connecting with your patient [Foundational Principles & Emotional Support modules]
- How to give an outstanding ICU nurse-to-nurse report [Nursing Report section]
- The main priorities of all ICU patients, and how to monitor and manage them like a pro [Patient Priorities section]
- How to talk to patients who are unkind, manipulative, or when the patient is a nurse or physician themselves [How to Talk to Patients module]
- How to harness your innate stress response so you can remain calm and focused in the midst of chaos [Foundational Principles module]
- Not only the many diagnostics you’ll facilitate for your patient, but the logistics of the diagnostics as well [Diagnostics section]
- What to do in a code blue when it’s your patient vs. someone else’s [What to Do in a Code Blue module]
- The must-know info to safely use central lines [Central Venous Catheters module]
- How to walk with patients through emotional instability and provide authentic empathy [Emotional Support & Decision-Making module]
- How to set up an arterial line, ensure its accuracy, and discontinue it [Arterial Lines module]
- The basics of cardiac monitoring, differentiating it from 12-lead ECGs, and practical tips [Telemetry & ECGs module]
- And so much more…
When you enroll in this ICU course for nurses, you’ll get immediate access to:
- A new set of modules every week for six week
- Lifetime access once complete
- Over 13 hours of video and audio
- Over 25 downloads – including checklists, worksheets, charts, and more
- 3D videos of the human body – illustrating the top disease processes impacting ICU patients
- 12.0 continuing education credits!
- Insider tips and tricks from two nationally-certified experienced critical care nurses
- A framework to deal with perceived failures, mistakes, and missteps
- A structure to track progress and keep morale high
- Talking points for tough moments – with patients, providers, colleagues, and others
- An insider’s look into etiquette, what’s cool and what’s not cool, unwritten rules, and nurse hacks
As always, this course comes with my 30-day no-risk money-back guarantee. If you get into the content and realize it’s not for you, we will absolutely refund your money (provided you have not claimed the CE’s and are within our 30-day window).
Cost – $207
Includes 12.0 hours of Continuing Education Credit.
The New Nurse Master Class
The FreshRN® New Nurse Master Class is the first-ever self-guided nurse residency program for any nurse transitioning into the acute care world. With over 70 modules, this comprehensive course will support your transition to practice with a holistic approach that focuses on not only clinical preparedness, but also confidence building, self-care, advocacy, and more.
Throughout over 9 hours of video content, discover the insider information new nurses are desperate to learn in interviews with experienced nurses, a nurse administrator, provider, mental health professional, physical therapist, and more.
Each module has both text and audio options to accommodate different styles of learning.
Complete this comprehensive program at your own pace, or through one of the three completion tracks (1-month, 4-month, 12-month) and refer back throughout your career as you enjoy lifetime access with your purchase. Upon completion, you will earn 20 continuing education credits.
Limit the perpetual state of information-overload with this concise yet impactful course designed specifically with the newly licensed nurse in mind. Focus on the information that you need to know to become a safe and competent nurse as fast as possible.
Cost – $297
Includes 20.0 hours of Continuing Education Credit.
ICU Online Skills Conference
Learn both hard and soft skills about ICU nursing care. From vasopressors to emotional support, this comprehensive ICU skills workshop covers topics applicable to every nurse working in critical care, as well as those sending patients to, or receiving patients from, intensive care. This conference is hosted by Dr. John Russell DNP APRN FNP-BC CCRN RNFA, Kati Kleber MSN RN CCRN-K, and John Kleber, BA MHPQ
- Fluid Resuscitation and Vasopressors
- Basic 12 Lead EKG Interpretation
- Chest and Abdominal X-Ray Interpretation
- Walking Through Emotional Instability With Others
- Patient and Family-Centered Communication in the ICU Setting
- PDF download of all slides
- 8 hours of video content
- Lifetime access
- 8.0 Contact Hours (including 1.5 pharmacology contact hours for advanced practice nurses
Cost – $79